POMPANO BEACH, September 8, 2017 – Are you rushing at the end of your certification cycle to get all your CEUs done? As you already know, Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) are required to complete 32 CEUs every 2 years. This is an opportunity for BCBAs to take courses on interesting or unfamiliar topics or in areas where a refresher is needed.
But as schedules grow more hectic, it can be challenging to keep up to date with CEUs. Instead of procrastinating, take a look at these 3 easy ways to get your CEUs done without waiting until the last minute.
- Choose a quality online CEU provider where you can get your CEUs completed anytime, anywhere. Online courses make it easy to shop for the courses you want, track your progress, and pause and resume whenever you want.
- CentralReach offers a marketplace where you can get CEUs from a variety of qualified providers. With new courses being added each month, you can find affordable and the most up-to-date course content such as the recently-launched 8-Hour Supervision Course for 10 BACB Supervision CEUs offered by Obigobi Learning, a preferred vendor in the CentralReach Marketplace.
- If you have a practice with BCBAs and RBTs, CentralReach also offers a learning management system that allows you to not only shop for courses in the Marketplace but also assign them and track progress. You can develop your own courses and assign them in your practice or become a qualified vendor and sell courses in the Marketplace too!
- Attend conferences to see informative presentations, participate in workshops, and earn CEUs.
- ABAI has two conferences coming up, including the Annual Autism conference in February and the Annual ABAI Conference in May. There are usually special hotel rates for conference attendees so be sure to book early.
- As busy BCBA’s, sometimes traveling out of state is not possible. No problem! Look for your local ABA conference. Not only will you get your CEUs but you will also be able to collaborate with local colleagues.
- Attend the OBM Network conference in the spring so that you can get CEUs and explore a growing sub-discipline of ABA.
- Are you taking any college courses on a topic you wanted to learn more about? Did you know you might be able to get CEU credit for that? Take a look to see if your course is approved: http://bacb.com/qualifying-institutions/
With proper planning, you can get your CEUs done without having to scramble last minute and learn skills to help clients and grow your practice. How do you prefer to get your CEUs? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to subscribe to bSci21 via email to receive the latest articles directly to your inbox!
Founded in 2012, CentralReach develops innovative technology and tools for therapy-based organizations in applied behavior analysis, early intervention, education, as well as speech, occupational, and physical therapies. CentralReach serves over 30,000 clinicians with its leading-edge software for practice management and data collection built by a team of clinicians and technologists. It also provides full-service implementation and ongoing support to help organizations grow and thrive. For more information, please visit centralreach.com.