Behavior Analysis and Trauma Treatment: Dissociation, Voices, and RFT (1.5 CEUs)
BACB CEUs: 1.5
Duration: 85 min.
CE Instructor: Todd A. Ward, PhD, BCBA-D, President of bSci21Media, LLC
Abstract: Dr. Ward sits down with Angela Cathey (CEO, Enso Group) to discuss the article “Hearing Voices, Dissociation, and the Self: A Functional-Analytic Perspective” by McEnteggart, Barnes-Holmes, Dillon, Egger, and Oliver (Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 2016). They discuss the advantages of a behavioral approach to trauma treatment via Relational Frame Theory. In doing so, they discuss the functions of voice hearing, dissociation, and more, along with treatment strategies informed by a functional analytic approach. In conclusion, they caution against defining a field, such as behavior analysis, in terms of procedures. Rather, they posit that the distinguishing features of the behavioral approach are to be found in its philosophical and theoretical foundations.
- Participants will be able to give an example of symbolic language.
- Participants will be able to differentiate traditional vs functional analytic approaches to trauma treatment.
- Participants will be able to state at least one function of hearing voices.
This course has four lessons, followed by a quiz.
Here’s how it works:
1) Select one or more CEUs and proceed to checkout.
2) If you need CEU credit, please enter your BACB-Approved certification number at checkout.
3) Please allow up to 1 business day for processing.
4) After processing, you will receive login information to login at the top of the screen.
5) After logging in, click “User Profile” at the top of the screen to access your CEUs.
6) When you watch the videos for their full duration, the evaluation will become available. After you complete the evaluation, your certificate will be instantly available in your User Profile.
For any questions or inquiries into group rates, please contact email@example.com.
Your order will be processed within one business day, after which you will be able to login to bSci21.org and click on “User Profile” at the top of the screen to start your course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
ACE Provider # OP-16-2609
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse bSci21Media, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
Payments should be processed within 1 business day, after which you should have access to your CE course.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.