Finding our Roots & Unifying the Science of Behavior an interview with Dr. Emily K. Sandoz (1 CEU)
Speaker: Emily K. Sandoz, PhD (Endowed Professor, University of Louisiana at Lafayette & Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Contextual Behavioral Sciences)
1 Type II CEU for BCBAs is available for this event.
Description: Over the last few years, interest in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and other ‘third-wave’ behavioral therapies has increased within the traditional behavioral analytic community. bSci21Media & ENSO Group’s Angela Cathey, MA will interview Emily Sandoz, PhD. Dr. Sandoz is at the forefront of a movement to unify the behavioral sciences through principle-driven innovative work. She is peer-reviewed ACT trainer, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science, a researcher, and values-driven human. Dr. Sandoz will provide context for understanding the connections between ACT, clinical behavior analysis (CBA), and behavior analysis more generally. Dr. Sandoz will also discuss her work and how she sees our science moving forward.
Dr. Emily K. Sandoz is the Emma Louise LeBlanc Burguieres/BORSF Endowed Professor of Social Sciences in the Psychology Department at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Emily is the Director of the Louisiana Contextual Science Research Group and the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Contextual Behavioral Sciences. She has co-authored three books on acceptance and commitment therapy for struggles with eating and body image, along with chapters and journal articles on ACT, Relational Frame Theory, values, the therapeutic relationship, and psychological flexibility. Emily has led more than 50 professional training workshops around the world, and serves as a peer-reviewed ACT trainer. She also practices as a Clinical Psychologist.
1. Participants will be able to define Functional Contextualism
2. Participants will be able to define the relationship between ACT and behavior analysis.
3. Participants will be able to define clinical behavior analysis.
Here’s how it works:
1) Select one or more CEUs and proceed to checkout.
2) If you need CEU credit, please enter your BACB-Approved certification number at checkout.
3) Please allow up to 1 business day for processing.
4) After processing, you will receive login information to login at the top of the screen.
5) After logging in, click “User Profile” at the top of the screen to access your CEUs.
6) When you watch the videos for their full duration, the evaluation will become available. After you complete the evaluation, your certificate will be instantly available in your User Profile.
For any questions or inquiries into group rates, please contact email@example.com.
Your order will be processed within one business day, after which you will be able to login to bSci21.org and click on “User Profile” at the top of the screen to start your course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
ACE Provider # OP-16-2609
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse bSci21Media, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.