Functional Analytic Psychotherapy: Where ABA Meets Clinical Psychology (1 CEU)
BACB CEUs: 1.0
Duration: 72 minutes
CE Instructor: Todd A. Ward, PhD, BCBA-D, President of bSci21Media, LLC
Abstract: Dr. Ward sits down with Angela Cathey (CEO, Enso Group to discuss Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP), which is regarded as one of the purest applications of basic behavior analytic principles to the clinical psychology setting to date. In doing so, they discuss the origins of FAP, and issues in clinical psychology that FAP is designed to overcome (e.g., returning to behavioral processes from more abstract constructs). They also discuss two varieties of FAP, the treatment process one might experience with a client, and how BCBAs and FAP clinicians can form mutually beneficial collaborations.
- Participants will be able to describe two reasons for which clinical psychology seeks to rediscover its roots in behavior analysis.
- Participants will be able to describe at least one procedural difference between the two FAP approaches.
- Participants will be able to describe one way in which BCBAs could benefit from FAP and one way in which the FAP community could benefit from BCBAs.
Suggested Readings on Functional Analytic Psychotherapy:
Holman, G., Kanter, J., Tsai, M., Kohlenberg, R, & Hayes, S. C. (2017). Functional Analytic Psychotherapy Made Simple: A Practical Guide to Therapeutic Relationships. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
Villatte, M., Villatte, J. L., Hayes, S. C. (2015). Mastering the Clinical Conversation: Language as Intervention. New York: The Guilford Press.
Carey, T. A., & Stiles, W. B. (2015). Some problems with Randomized Controlled Trials and some viable alternatives. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy, 23, 87-95.
This course has four lessons, followed by a quiz.
Here’s how it works:
1) Select one or more CEUs and proceed to checkout.
2) If you need CEU credit, please enter your BACB-Approved certification number at checkout.
3) Please allow up to 1 business day for processing.
4) After processing, you will receive login information to login at the top of the screen.
5) After logging in, click “User Profile” at the top of the screen to access your CEUs.
6) When you watch the videos for their full duration, the evaluation will become available. After you complete the evaluation, your certificate will be instantly available in your User Profile.
For any questions or inquiries into group rates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your order will be processed within one business day, after which you will be able to login to bSci21.org and click on “User Profile” at the top of the screen to start your course. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
ACE Provider # OP-16-2609
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse bSci21Media, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.