How Communication Networks and Relational Framing Affect your Organization (1 CEU)
BACB CEUs: 1
Duration: 56 minutes
CE Instructor: Todd A. Ward, PhD, BCBA-D, President of bSci21Media, LLC
Abstract: Todd Ward and Angela Cathey discuss an article by Houmanfar, Rodrigues, and Smith (2009) titled “Role of Communication Networks in Behavioral Systems Analysis” from the Journal of Organizational Behavior Management. In doing so, they discuss the critical role of communication in affecting organizational dynamics and, ultimately, its presence in the marketplace. They conceptualize an organization within a metacontingency framework – a set of Interlocked Behavioral Contingencies (IBCs), which produce an Aggregate Product, whose function in the marketplace feeds back into the organization set within the broader cultural milieu. Communication itself is discussed within the context of Relational Frame Theory, rule-governed behavior, and the associated concepts of tracking, pliance, and augmentals.
- Participants will be able to describe the components of a metacontingency.
- Participants will be able to distinguish between pliance, tracking, and augmentals.
- Participants will be able to describe the conditions under which explicit vs implicit rules may be beneficial to an organization.
The original citation for Houmanfar, Rodrigues, and Smith’s paper is below:
Houmanfar, R., Rodrigues, N. J., & Smith, G.S. (2009). Role of Communication Networks in Behavioral Systems Analysis. Journal of Organizational Behavior Management, 29, 257-275. https://doi.org/10.1080/01608060903092102
This course has one lesson, followed by a quiz.
Here’s how it works:
1) Select one or more CEUs and proceed to checkout.
2) If you need CEU credit, please enter your BACB-Approved certification number at checkout.
3) Please allow up to 1 business day for processing.
4) After processing, you will receive login information to login at the top of the screen.
5) After logging in, click “User Profile” at the top of the screen to access your CEUs.
6) When you watch the videos for their full duration, the evaluation will become available. After you complete the evaluation, your certificate will be instantly available in your User Profile.
For any questions or inquiries into group rates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your order will be processed within one business day, after which you will be able to login to bSci21.org and click on “User Profile” at the top of the screen to start your course. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
ACE Provider # OP-16-2609
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse bSci21Media, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.