Nudge Management and OBM for Productive and Innovative Employees (1 CEU)
BACB CEUs: 1
Duration: 54 minutes
CE Instructor: Todd A. Ward, PhD, BCBA-D, President of bSci21Media, LLC
Abstract: In this audio-only event, Todd Ward and Angela Cathey discuss an article by Ebert and Freibichler (2017) published in Journal of Organization Design titled Nudge Management: Applying behavioural science to increase knowledge worker productivity. In doing so, they discuss the concept of Nudge Management as a strategy in which leaders alter organizational context in subtle ways to evoke desired behavior. Nudge Management is contrasted with a top-down leadership style reliant upon policies passed down from managers to employees which creates an overabundance of rule-governed behavior and overly constricted performance. Several real-world examples of Nudge Management are provided in this event, particularly from business practices utilized at Google to evoke creativity and diversity of ideas. Though Ebert and Freibichler are behavioral economists, and discuss Nudge Management in terms of behavior-environment relations, their paper is not explicitly behavior analytic. This event approaches the concept from a behavior analytic perspective, offers insight into contingencies embedded in the Nudge Management process, and suggests areas of collaboration with Organizational Behavior Management.
- Participants will be able to explain Nudge Management in behavior analytic terms.
- Participants will be able to discuss the behavior analytic principles underlying Google’s design of its work environment to promote creativity and diversity of ideas.
- Participants will be able to discuss how Nudge Management techniques can support the work of Organizational Behavior Management.
The original citation for Ebert and Freibichler’s paper is below:
Ebert, P., & Freibichler, W. (2017). Nudge management: Applying behavioural science to increase knowledge worker productivity. Journal of Organization Design, 6(4), 1-6. DOI 10.1186/s41469-017-0014-1
This course has one lesson, followed by a quiz.Here’s how it works:
1) Select one or more CEUs and proceed to checkout.
2) If you need CEU credit, please enter your BACB-Approved certification number at checkout.
3) Please allow up to 1 business day for processing.
4) After processing, you will receive login information to login at the top of the screen.
5) After logging in, click “User Profile” at the top of the screen to access your CEUs.
6) When you watch the videos for their full duration, the evaluation will become available. After you complete the evaluation, your certificate will be instantly available in your User Profile.
For any questions or inquiries into group rates, please contact email@example.com.
Your order will be processed within one business day, after which you will be able to login to bSci21.org and click on “User Profile” at the top of the screen to start your course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
ACE Provider # OP-16-2609
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse bSci21Media, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.