Improving Performance with ACT, Values, and Goals (1 CEU)
BACB CEUs: 1
Duration: 54 min.
CE Instructor: Todd A. Ward, BCBA-D
Abstract: Drs. Todd Ward (bSci21Media, LLC) and Scott Herbst (SixFlex Training) discuss the article Values are not just goals: Online ACT-based values training adds to goal setting in improving undergraduate college student performance by Chase, Houmanfar, Hayes, Ward, Vilardaga, & Follette (2013), published in the Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science. They discuss how brief, automated, web based applications of ACT can significantly improve cumulative GPA and university retention, and discuss further applications of online ACT modules for staff training. In doing so, they provide examples illustrating basic concepts in Relational Frame Theory and Acceptance & Commitment Therapy. If you are looking for ways to impact behavior on a large scale, and to do so in a way that is low cost and automated, this video is for you!
- Participants will be able to explain the term arbitrarily applicable derived relational responding.
- Participants will be able to identify the key features of an arbitrarily applicable relational response.
- Participants will be able to explain how the values component of ACT relates to positive reinforcement.
- Participants will be able to explain the basic findings of Chase, Houmanfar, Hayes, Ward, Vilardaga, & Follette (2013).
This course has four lessons, followed by a quiz.
Here’s how it works:
1) Select one or more CEUs and proceed to checkout.
2) If you need CEU credit, please enter your BACB-Approved certification number at checkout.
3) Please allow up to 1 business day for processing.
4) After processing, you will receive login information to login at the top of the screen.
5) After logging in, click “User Profile” at the top of the screen to access your CEUs.
6) When you watch the videos for their full duration, the evaluation will become available. After you complete the evaluation, your certificate will be instantly available in your User Profile.
For any questions or inquiries into group rates, please contact email@example.com.
Your order will be processed within one business day, after which you will be able to login to bSci21.org and click on “User Profile” at the top of the screen to start your course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
ACE Provider # OP-16-2609
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse bSci21Media, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.